Loan Officer Position
- Meet with loan applicants to gather personal information and answer questions
- Explain different types of loans and the terms of each one to applicants
- Obtain and verify financial information, such as applicants’ credit rating and income level
- Analyze and evaluate applicants’ financial information provided on their loan applications
- Provide customer service by answering questions and guiding customers through the application process
- Determine applicants’ loan needs and ability to pay back
- Conduct loan underwriting by evaluating clients’ creditworthiness
- Evaluate, authorize, or recommend approval of loan applications for people and businesses.
- Refer applications to management for a decision
- Contact companies or people to ask if they need a loan
- Market loan products and services to potential clients and actively solicit new business
- Knowledge of commercial loans offered to businesses
- Ability to combine the use of good judgment in addition to analysis by underwriting software, especially in cases of complex financial situations and statements – for commercial loan purposes.
- Ability to guide applicants through loan processes and to handle cases with unusual
- Seek out clients who require developing relationships with real estate companies and other sources that can refer prospective applicants – for mortgage loan purposes.
- Keep regular contacts with borrowers of good standing to discuss future financial needs
- Contact borrowers who fail to make their loan payments on time.
- Work with borrowers to help them find a way to keep paying off the loan.
- Initiate the process of taking over collateral given to secure defaulted loans
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, or related fields, with a minimum of
two years of loan services and underwriting experience, or
- Five years of relevant work experience – for non-holders of bachelor degrees in business administration or related fields
- Language – Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of loan underwriting software, or manual processing
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoin
- Experience with QuickBooks for maintaining accounts and budgets
- Simple statistical analysis for presentation purposes
Email your resume to email@example.com