Request for Qualifications
Client Program Contracting Services
Vermont-Slauson Economic Development Corporation (VSEDC)
Vermont Slauson Economic Development Corporation (VSEDC), is the City of Los Angeles, South Los Angeles
BusinessSource Center contractor and serves as the administrative entity for this Request for Qualifications (RFQ)
Request for Qualifications
Vermont Slauson Economic Development Corporation (VSEDC) is seeking proposals from qualified and experienced individuals, organizations, and/or institutions to provide client program services for our City of Los Angeles BusinessSource Program.
VSEDC anticipates that contracts will be awarded to the successful Proposer for an initial period of twelve months, November 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020 with an option to extend with two (2) additional one-year terms. At VSEDC’s sole option, any extension of the contract term will be contingent upon the availability of funds, evaluation of subcontractor’s performance, subcontractor’s continuing compliance with applicable federal, state, and local government laws and regulations. VSEDC reserves the right to adjust the contract term, amount and scope in order to best serve the needs of its clients and regulations of the grant or fund sources.
Scope of Services
Proposers are applying for a subcontract with VSEDC. The services subcontracted include: Program recruitment, case management, and program implementation.
Proposers must have experience in the following areas:
Client Program Services:
- To conduct outreach and recruitment activities to each individuals who reflect the demographics of the primary geographic service area to be served.
- Assess customer for eligibility by verifying the customer is either a resident or owns a business in the City of Los Angeles.
- Provide a business needs assessment that shall include an evaluation of educational attainments, occupational/transferable skills, client interests, and aptitudes, and/or vocational potentials for business objectives of each client. Once the assessment is done, it should be used to develop a plan of action and relationship with the Client, guiding them toward job creation.
- Develop client services notes, together with the Business Objectives Assessment, is tailored to address the Client’s objectives. The Client Service Notes must include a self-sufficiency goals, realistic ibjectiv3es and appropriate, coordinated services (based on the completed assessment) that reasonably can be expected to result in desired changes, increased business stability, profitability and business expansion.
- Shall coordinate and deliver business services in various subject matters applicable to businesses, including:
- Entrepreneurial Workshops
- Fiscal Management
- Marketing/Social Media
- Technical Training
- Employee Training
- Green/Clean Tech Transitions
- SWOT Analysis
- Cash Flow Management
- Gender Equity
- Business Services
- Business Objectives
- Business Plan/Executive Summary
- Obtaining Certification
- Marketing Assessment
- Site-finding Assistance
- Lease Negotiation Assistance
- Legal Considerations
- Cash flow Management
- Tax Consulting
- One-on-One Consulting
- Referral to SCORE
- Referral to other Partners including Work Source Centers
- Referrals to Procurement/Export Partners
- Assistance in launching a business
- Shall effectively promote and market the available business incentives to businesses operating in the targeted low to moderate income areas.
- Shall provide technical assistance with City ordinances and policies compliance to businesses
- Businesses that are given one-on-one consultation on how to access capital based on one or more of the following.
- Financial Analysis
- Personal Credit Report Review
- Personal Credit Building/Correction
- Business Credit Report Review
- Projections Preparation/Modification
- Marketing Plan Development/Analysis
Outcome Performance Measured
Contractor shall be required to coordinate and deliver business services in various subject matters applicable to businesses out line in the above section. Clients shall receive one or more of the services which should lead to meeting/exceeding the goals of creating and/or retaining permanent jobs .
- Contractor shall provide number of permanent jobs secured / retained for the stated contract award amount.
( # of permanent jobs / total contract award = per permanent job )
Total funds for client services is $50,000. All bids will be reviewed for demonstrative ability, services proposed, and cost. Based on performance and funding, contract may be eligible for two one year extensions.
Proposal submission requirements:
- Include Cover Page with Proposer’s name, address, contact information and total amount of bid.
- The proposal should be no more than three (3) pages in length (not including cover page and or evidentiary of successes), Microsoft Word or PDF format, and 10-12 point font. Bid should include responses to the following:
- Describe ability and experience demonstrating at least five (5) years of experience in website design, maintenance and social media marketing. Proposers must cite previous accomplishments and offer referrals from organizations or clients for whom they have performed similar work. Failure to provide referrals, relevant examples, and/or sample work will be considered nonresponsive.
- Response must provide evidence of the number and type of websites built and maintained. Additional evidentiary of successes is welcomed (not to exceed 1 page) in the form of website links, ads, social media content, and/or references to online content.
- All submission should include provide a budget for proposed services. If Proposer plans to utilize the services of secondary contractors to meet the contractual obligations of this RFQ, a detailed overview of services and costs associated with these activities should be provided as well.
|Demonstrative Ability||Demonstrates quantifiable track record of experience and successes.||40/100
|Proposed Services||Plan to deliver specific services outlined in this RFQ.||30/100|
Submissions are due NO LATER THAN, October 18, 2019 @ 3:00pm, and may be submitted electronically or in person.
In person submissions:
Attn: Ms. Andrea Solomon
Vermont Slauson Economic Development Corporation
1130 W. Slauson Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90044
Email submissions should be sent to: Andrea Solomon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates & Info:
RFQ Release Date: September 30, 2019
RFQ Question Period: October 1, 2019 – October 7, 2019
Submit Questions to: Ms. Andrea Solomon email@example.com or call 323-753-2335
Bidder’s Conference: October 11, 2019
Submissions Due: October 18, 2019 NO LATER THAN 3:00PM PST