The Accountant will work closely with the Director of Finance and Administration to maintain accurate financial records for the organization. He or she will have responsibilities in purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, and financial administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Director of Finance and Administration with all aspects of maintaining accurate financial records for the organization.
- Maintain accounts payable system, including: process bills, prepare checks for signatures and mail payments on a weekly basis.
- Manage organization petty cash and accurately record receipts and expenditures.
- Process receipts, donations and miscellaneous receipts, prepare deposits to bank on a daily basis.
- Coordinate purchasing and delivery of supplies and other purchases as assigned.
- Prepares monthly analysis of all general ledger accounts.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Administration in the preparation of audits.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accounting coursework and job-related experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable and computerized accounting software. Business degree in Accounting preferred.
- Computer experience; MS Word and intermediate MS Excel a must.
- Experience in QuickBooks a must.
- 10-key by touch.
- Excellent organizational skills and multitasking abilities.
- Careful attention to detail and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff from various backgrounds and disciplines.
Ability to read and comprehend English language to follow instructions, prepare correspondence and memos.
Understand basic accounting procedures.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office especially MS Word and MS Excel.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable will encounter staff with the following tasks:
- Processing of expense reimbursement
- Ordering of office and program supplies
- Office equipment maintenance
- Maintain personnel records for medical, dental, 403B and life insurance including workers compensation and short/long term disability
The Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable will encounter vendors with the following tasks:
- Receive and review vendor invoices daily; date stamp, code and input into accounting system
- Process weekly check run for payment and signature and follow through to distribution, mailing and filing
- Maintain communication with benefit administrators regarding updates and/or changes
The Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable will:
- Receive cash and check contributions on a daily basis
- Prepare and deliver deposits to bank daily
- Record deposits in accounting system and maintain accurate records
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 -20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.